Sunday, November 23, 2014

High Tea Time- Tea Party

I was so excited when the request came through for an authentic High Tea British Style tea party dessert table, not to mention that it was for a good friend which made it even more fun! I spent a few weeks researching authentic tea cakes and other styles to use in conjunction with my clients desired food requests. I was so pleased with how cute everything turned out! What a fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon, lucky guests!!
Traditional Battenberg Cake, similar to a butter cake or pound cake. It is served in a checkerboard pattern, with each layer generously covered in apricot preserves then the cake is wrapped in marzipan. I found this panthat made it super fast and super easy to make sure each of my layers were the exact same length depth and size
It was especially helpful since butter cake batter is so dense. I have found so many cute and fun uses for it in my children's cakes as well!

 mini s'mores cupcakes made with a graham cracker and chocolate chunk crust on the bottom, then sprinkled on the top of the cupcake. Topped in a chocolate marshmallow frosting and finished with a toasted mini marshmallow, courtesy of my lovely chef's torch!
 French vanilla and raspberry petit fours
 Traditional tea scones, in plain flavor and cranberry orange. I love this little scone panof mine!
Tea Time!!

No comments: